31 Mar How to Choose the Best Kimono for You
When you are traveling to a different country, it’s always nice to do something cultural. For those visiting Japan, it will be a unique experience to try on a casual kimono and stroll around authentic locations in Japan.
If you go to a rental kimono shop, there will be plenty kimonos to choose from. One might catch your eye instantly and that’s great! You should wear your favorite one and enjoy a nice walk.
But for some, huge collections of kimonos might be overwhelming and you might need some time to pick the best one for you.
If that’s the case, you may be able to find the right one based on your body shape.
If you are small;
- Choose small to medium patterns
- Stay away from large patterns as you will look smaller relative to the large pattern
- Faint color such as white and yellowish color will help you look taller
If you are tall;
- Choose large patterns
- Around 10 patterns should be visible when looking from front.
If you are slim and petit;
- Choose colorful and flowery pattern
- Kimono with pattern all over is recommended
If you are curvy;
- Choose a design that emphasize longitudinal line.
- Navy, black, and purple with slimming effect
Keep those tips in mind but in the end, your instinct will tell you which one to choose!
Enjoy strolling around Japan with Kimono!